Thursday 1 March 2012

It's a New Day

Hello my lovelies, it's the first day of the month! I'm excited because I have decided to make some changes in my life.  First thing was getting rid of the boyfriend! After the big cock up of valentines day he never really recovered or attempted to make any kind of effort, you might say he dropped of the earth! I've never been the kind of girl to chase after a guy, and that's what it started to feel like I am mature enough to know when someone is not interested, actions speak louder than words, that's something that stays with me, besides I love myself enough to know I deserve more.  So while my spirit is vexed I am OK and still have a positive attitude towards love.

I have decided to look after my body starting from the inside out. Your body is a temple as they say and my temple is slightly in ruins! In order to start a fresh I have to cleanse my body, so I am on a 3 week detox.  This particular detox recommended by JJ Smith (nutritionist) means I live like a vegan for the duration. 

This is hard for me and I am only day 2, but when your used to eating meat, dairy, processed food, sugar etc it has proved quite a challenge already! I feel like I have to learn how to cook all over again as I am using ingredients I've never used before. The joke of it is I still have 19 days to go! The good thing is my housemates are also doing it, so you don't feel so alone you have that support.  I also have a colonic booked! That's right I am going hardcore.  When the 3 weeks are up I can eat normally again, I just have to make better food choices and lay off the takeaways! I feel positive that I will complete it! I need to take better care of myself, I am 30 in September I wanna feel and be more healthy. Let me tell you I can't wait to tear up some chicken though.

This was me first vegan meal I made, it was actually quite tasty, the brown rice takes some getting used to. All I kept thinking to myself was it was missing some kind of meat!
Chickpea and Spinach Curry, Basmati Brown Rice, Garlic Mushrooms
Green Vegetables

I haven't got an outfit post for you as I have been inside for 2 days, sometimes it's nice to stay in doors. But look what came in the post today...


I am becoming obsessed with Converse, this is my 4th pair now. They are so comfortable I can wear them all day, plus they seem to work with most of my wardrobe, I just need to find a way to wear them on nights out lol.  I hope you all have a positive attitude. Thanks for reading. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment